The Mosaic Center, Inc. History
2003 – God gave a vision to a group of Lufkin women for a Christian women’s education center for the needy in Angelina County.
2004 – Volunteers were trained by the Christian Women’s Job Corp, an affiliate of Women’s Missionary Union for a school, The Mosaic Center, Inc. The ministry was blessed and a house was donated for The Mosaic Center’s use. This house was located at 1302 Lufkin Avenue and restoration began by dedicated volunteers.
2005 – The vision became a reality and The Mosaic Center, Inc. opened its doors for the first class.
2006 – The Adult Learning Center of Lufkin partners with The Mosaic Center, Inc. and GED classes begin.
2007 – The Mosaic Center, Inc. received the donation of the Denman Home, 601 N. First Street. Renovations of this house began.
2008 – The Mosaic Center, Inc. moved to its current location at 601 N. First Street due to the growth of the programs. The Mosaic Center, Inc. was awarded The Governor’s State Award for a Community Encourager.
2009 – Class size doubled and curriculum expanded to include Jobs for Life training.
2010 – Added English as a Second Language classes in partnership with Angelina College Adult Learning Center.
2011 –Certified Nurse Aide classes added in partnership with Angelina College Community Services.
2012 – Personal money management curriculum developed and implemented.
2015 – The Mosaic Center, Inc. celebrates 10 years of ministry in the Angelina County area.